Saturday 25 October 2008

I've got the windows open!!!

FINALLY the weather is cooler. It rained a little last night and there is still light showers but it has cooled the temperature down so that I can actually open the windows to let the cool breeze in. And there is no need for the a/c. Will it last? I have no idea but people who have been here longer than me keep saying it should get cooler . . . . . . . .

Here are a couple of photos I took from my balcony door with my new camera. The first two are taken on the sunset setting, which is meant to give more realistic sunset colours. It was a nice sunset but this colourful - I'm not sure??? Plus I was running a bit late and it was getting dark so they are not crystal clear.
Next is a pretty kingfisher that was sitting on the electricity wires. Even though I zoomed in, I still had to crop the photo. Not that I know what kind it is. Harriett????

Finally a quick snap of the "houses" that some people live in on the other side of the lake. They can only access them by boat/raft as they are built up against a concrete wall in the lake edge.

Need to get out and take some photos around the neighbourhood, just need better weather.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Keep playing with your new toy/camera and keep those gorgeous images coming!

 

Xanga Counters
Dry Erase Easels