Sunday 17 January 2010

It has been soooo . . . cold, well for Bangladesh anyway.

Since I came back from the break over Christmas, it has been so cold - well for Bangladesh anyway. By far the coldest in the 18 months I've been here. So bad has it been that I had to get out my Winter woolies and unpack my doona that I haven't used since I lived in Morocco. Plus I wear my moccasins around the house to keep my feet warm.

Even yesterday after going for a walk to the ATM at the Westin Hotel then to the supermarket, I was a little warmer when I got back. Then cooking helped warm up the apartment a little. The trouble was that there was not a hint of sun all day. Instead it was fog or smog all day long so as a result felt quite damp.
During the early morning and evening I had to wear two long sleeve layers - unbelievable. I suppose electricity is being saved though as no need for a/c and I don't have a heater. I am lucky though that my apartment is one of the warmer ones. Plus I really enjoy getting all cosy in bed under the doona.

Today is a little warmer but I will wait and see if the weather is on the improve.

Really I shouldn't complain as all too soon I will be complaining about the heat!!

Some people are never happy!

No comments:

 

Xanga Counters
Dry Erase Easels